Friday, May 28, 2010

Scariest night of my life- Warning: profanity involved !

Last night, I went out for dinner with a friend of mine... The food was great, the conversation was good.. so the night finished on a good note.

I however, decided to go visit a close friend of mine who lives downtown. I normally HATE driving down, but I needed to talk to him about my melodramatic life... and I thought it was only fair for me to go down to see him. The weather was absolutely mesmerizing, so we decided to take a walk and go sit in a mini-park. The park was very sweet and had a cute fountain in the middle with two duckies splattering around. Full moon night... I blabbed about my stupid life problems and as always, he patiently listened and calmed me down, and reassured me that things would turn out to be okay ! We shared some childhood memories and lol... then the tables turned and we talked about our past/ current illnesses and hospitalization ...
We started to walk from the part, because if you know me... I have a small bladder and I had a glass of water, a glass of ginger ale, and a cup of coffee at dinner, and then I got a grande green tea... so it was really time for me to go tinkle !
After I do my business, we started to walk north on Yonge street. A black car pulls over and
Random guy number 1 asks: "Where is Yonge street?"
My friend: "Buddy, you ARE on Yonge street!"
Random dude #1: Do you have smokes ?
My friend and I : "No!"
Random dude #2: Damn, that girl has a nice ass !
Random dude #3: I F*ed her last night !!!
My Friend: "well, I F*ed your mom last night!! *

I pulled my friend towards myself, and we started walking in the same direction as we were before. Neither of us thought anything of the situation and we continued our previous conversation... until...
BAM !!!!!!!!! five guys jump my friend... they started to punch him while yelling " DONT EVER SAY THAT !" My friend fell on the ground, and thats when all five started to kick... REALLY kick... SO HARD !!! I was such a useless dumbass ! I was so scared...and so useless.... I just kept yelling "FML, Please stop, stop it ....please stop !! " I was panicking, I didn't know what to do .. I was in shock ... Now that I think about it, I probably should have pushed them away...or hit them... or something... blah... so stupid !
Then, randomly, some gentleman in a suit runs up and pushes the guys away! I must mention that the five guys were very young ! So I dont know if they got scared or something ...but they ran away... I was so stupid and so scared and in so much shock... I didn't take down their license plate... it didn't even occur to me to do so ... blahh so stupid.
(Thank you mysterious man in the suit... He didn't have to help... He didn't have to get involved... but Im glad that he did. He is brave... what a man... what an angel... Is this a God turning moment? perhaps....)

BUTTT ... Who were these idiots? They must be some low life idiots ! Who jumps a guy with a group of people? How is that fair? Thats stupid !!! I dont believe in physical violence, but dude...if there is beef... F*ing do it one-on-one... not five-on-one ! F*ing pus*ies !!
I helped my friend get up, he was bleeding so much... I have never seen so much blood ... at the time, I didn't know if only his nose was bleeding or if his teeth were bleeding also ... He had blood all over his shirt, jeans, shoes, hands... it got on my skirt, on my armss, hands, watch, bracelet !!!! I walked into some random store ( I dont even recall what it was...a pizza pizza or subway ....or something) to get some napkins...
The ONLY thing I was thinking was... "I need to get him to the hospital"

Me: "we need to get you to the hospital"
Him: "No Im okay, Im okay... lets just go home Nina "
Me: "FUCK NO, we're going "
Him: "Nina Im fine, lets just go home, we're close anyway"
Me: "shut up, Im taking you to the hospital"

It was a miracle, as soon as I step closer to the curb to wave to a taxi ... there comes a taxi... I was shaking, he was calm.I asked, " Please take us to the nearest hospital" ...He said, " Mount Sinai please"
yes Mount Sinai... my favorite.. some of you know my experience with Mount Sinai last year ! FUN TIMES !!!
How weird...that not even an hour before all of this, we were talking about hospitalization...

We step in ... and I get a flashback ... I spent one of the worst 8 hours of my life in this stupid emergency room with le best friend last year... This stupid place was the cause of the downfall of a huge part of my life...
There was a paramedic standing by ... I saw him, and I wanted to die... My friend was still bleeding. I started to shake and cry... I couldnt be strong anymore ! It had only been maybe 10 minutes, but it was the most intense 10 minutes ... The paramedic gave me napkins to wipe off the blood, but napkins weren't enough... He was bleeding too much... He went to the bathroom to wash up, and after a few minutes I went in. The sink was red...with blood. I looked at him in the mirror... and i was ready to burst..
He finally went to check in...without a health card, or ID, or the number of his family doctor.

My thoughts:
" FML, what if his nose is broken, what if his ribs are broken, FML FML FML FML, what am I gonna tell his mom, FML ! What if he has internal bleeding, what if he has had a concussion, what if... what if..... omg, im so f*ing dumb... I should have done something... FML... How the F* could this happen? FML"

Meanwhile, my friend was being incredibly calm. He absolutely amazed me tonight. Sweetie, if you read this... Let me tell you... that you are a strong man.... you are truly something ! You are truly what a MAN should be... and im so proud of you.

We spent the next five hours in the hospital. He was so brave ! Barely complained of pain.. even though from the inflammation and the bruising... it was obvious that he was in a considerable amount of pain. When the doctor finally came to ask him how he was doing and to rate his amount of pain... he said "6/10" ... even though I KNEW he was hurting more... it hurt me so much... it really hurt me deep within... When the doctor left, I yelled, "no downplaying your pain !" ...he said he wasnt !

They put a neck brace on him, because his neck was hurting... It hurt... it just hurt... and I wanted to hug him and just cry... and tell him that I was sorry that all of this happened... I wanted to break into tears and tell him that I wish I could take away the pain... that I wish it had happened to me... That I was sorry .... but I had to be strong... he was being strong... I shed a couple of tears here and there... but i really controlled myself. At times, it seemed as though he was comforting me. He kept reassuring me that he was fine. He asked me several times to leave and go home... but how could i ... i wish it had happened to me....

The doctor looked at his nose and said that thankfully it wasn't broken. She then said that she wanted to take some x-rays, to check out his ribs, his spine, and he wanted to do an ultrasound just in case of internal bleeding in his stomach. BLAH... I kept telling her about his head.

His head hurt, his left eye was drooping, he had several bruises on his forehead and face, a cut on his neck, his back hurt, and it hurt to breathe. She said it worried him that he had trouble breathing and wanted to make sure there was no case of pneumothorax. FML !!! I cant believe this was happening !
He looked so calm... I cant believe how calm he was... didn't whine... didn't complain... not even for a second !
The nurse injected him with some anti-inflammation. He seemed abit more at ease... so I felt a bit more at ease...
4:30 Am... The doctor started to review his x-rays ... Everything was fine.. He had some bruising... internal bruising as well... hence why he had such a hard time breathing. He got some anti-inflammation meds and tylenol 3.

We cabbed it back to his place... 5 something am.I got into my car... and wept. I got home... 5 40. I wept, and wept, and wept.

Then, I received this text message from him:
"Hey Nina, once again Im really sorry you had to go through that.. Entirely my fault, really dumb of me... It wasnt my intention to put you in danger .. So im really sorry . Please tell your parents Im sorry as well for putting their girl in danger. As always lots of love n sweet dreams... N thanks for insisting on going to the hospital n staying with me. ure a really good person and friend."

Then I wept and wept. Gentleman right? true man !

Thank you for defending my honour. Thank you for sticking up for me. Thank you for caring enough to get upset when people disrespect me. Thank you for being so good to me... not just today... but always... thanks for listening to my crap ! Thanks for understanding me and not judging me. Thanks for hugging me... Thanks for wiping away my tears... I wish I could be as good of a friend to you, as you are to me ! You are amazing for being so strong, for not whining about the pain, for everything....

I will be forever traumatized. I never want to see you like that again. I never want to see you in pain. I never want to have to wipe blood off of you. I never want to be in the hospital with you. I want you to be healthy. I want to come watch you play soccer ! I want to laugh with you... I want the best... even if it means moving away (ok fine, ill be sad and ill probably come visit you 239423048 times).
I wish none of this had happened... it seems like a nightmare... I tried closing my eyes... but all I can imagine is you bleeding... I feel nauseous ... I cant believe that you're okay... im so glad !

So what I ask all of you to do... is to call/text/bbm/msn/email I dont care how.... but get intouch with a good friend... with someone you haven't spoken to in a while... call your mom... call your significant other... get intouch with those who matter ... and tell them you love them ! Because at one point... I thought I would never see him... I thought about all the worst things... I thought I could never hug him, play graffiti with him (hehe), talk to him till morning ...

I sit here... 8: 30 am... flashback: him hurt, Flashback: innocently telling me to leave, Flashback: sitting in the park...being peaceful... Im still in the same clothes, with his blood. My watch and bracelet drenched. My legs and arms still have splatter of his blood..... I wish I never went downtown to see him... I wish I just called and blabbed about my stupid problems...

I cant however, be more thankful that they didn't have any weapons.. ie. guns, knives... or wtv... They were clearly drunk/high or both... I hope they get what they deserve ...

I feel like it was a nightmare... I love you dear ! I know you know that ! ! YOU are a good friend... your text message... sigh... I wish I could make it up to you one day...
I hope you recover soon.
Thank you for standing up for me !
I'm thankful for having you in my life.
I wish it had happened to me...


I love you.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

where is the next blog u promised me? and you emotionless people, this is her most dramatic blog and no comments? lol...I hope ur are doing well Nina, and I hope one day I get to read a blog of urs that reads "happiest night of my life" <3