Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Only Two Whistles Away

So one of my close girlfriends moved to New York for school purposes. She has worked very hard to get to where she is and I couldn't be any more proud. But NY?? really??

I've known her for five years now, but we've only become close for about a year. I think with most of my friends I usually play the "motherly" role, but with her... she it's the opposite. She has listened to my melodramatic life and held my hand through it. She is very blunt and knows how to put me back into my place... no matter how harsh it sounds.
Last Thursday was her goodbye party. A couple of her friends had decided that buying her a pink whistle would be "useful"... well because she is moving to NY...and in case of an "emergency" lol she could use the "universal whistle code" and whistle,
Once for: come here
Twice for: where are you
Thrice for: Help
So the night went on, people chatted, laughed and mingled... I stayed until everyone else had left... at the end of the night, when it was time to say goodbye... she hugged me... and said "Please be good..." and she gave me a mini- reminder of what I SHOULDN'T do... She then said, "Nina, I'm only two whistles away"... and I couldn't hold it in anymore... I "teared" lol.
We talked to for about hour and half on skype today... and most of the time... she kept being her "motherly" self and reminded me to stay on track...... love you....

"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares. " Henri Nouwen

So I shall have a super emotional blog moment:
Your presence is missed !! (ps. thats what it says under the picture.. lol).... I am thankful to have such an amazing person in my life ! MWAAA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its funny how friends become like family...
Good friends are to be cherished for ever and for always.

7svet said...

Oh Nina, you are cute :)

Blogging for the sake of blogging... said...

Nina!! I didn't even realize... Thank you so much!! That is one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said about me. I want you to remember that no matter where we are in our lives, 5 minutes apart or 5 hours apart you can always count on me! I miss you too!!!!!