Friday, June 25, 2010

Life with and without faith




I can't help but think about the days that I truly believed in God. For years... I was able to get through ANYTHING ... and I mean ANYTHING... believing that
How did I get through the hardship of life? I prayed ! I would pray for God's helping hand... I would pray for him to lead me to the right path....
Back then... I was happy. I had faith.


About two weeks ago, I had a very hard exam that I had truly studied hard for...but I didn't feel as though I was prepared enough. I was talking on the phone with one of my friends, and as a joke I said to her, "You know, I'm gonna pray to any and every God out there....I'll take on any religion I can... because I really need that extra help" . After I got off the phone... I realized that when I believed in God... after a prayer... I felt a lot more grounded... a lot more stable... a lot more assured.. whether it was a placebo effect or not... it happened. Then I applied the same principle to other aspects of my life. Having faith allowed me to feel happier, safer, more protected. My heart was more at ease...
Believing in God... made me set out more restrictions on myself. I lived my life differently. I liked those restrictions... but now... I have my own rules and regulations. I draw the line where I think it should be drawn. I was more humble... alot more collected. At the same time... I was young.. I am definitely more mature and life throws more "lemons" as you grow older... but deep inside... I didn't feel as empty and hallow as I do now...
So.... Sometimes.... I wish I believed in God.... whether he exists or not.... whether a placebo or not... because believing in his existence not only made me stronger but also a better person.



Believing in God... made me feel closer to my search.... closer to finding the tranquility that I've been seeking for....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What will it take to get back to that state?

In Search of Tranquility said...

Sigh... Im not sure...

7svet said...

Although I don't believe in God, I believe in the fact that faith and religion help people cope, adjust, work through their issues and leave some grounded as you say. If faith keeps you happy dear, you should gain it back. Be it through religion or just self-confidence. I'm sure you can find faith in something else than God. Maybe, karma? I don't know I may be just talking.

In Search of Tranquility said...

Thank you darling