Friday, August 6, 2010

"They themselves are makers of themselves"


I realize I haven't blogged in some time- perhaps because my mind has been very scattered lately.
I'd like to do a quick blog !
In a conversation with someone whom I respect a lot, I was referred to read "As a Man Thinketh" by James Allen. If you have not read it- I highly recommend it. It's a short read; nevertheless, incredibly powerful.

I truly believe that the only thing we have power over in this world, is our mind. I believe that " I think, therefore I am." I'd like to make reference to a couple of quotes by James Allen (from his first chapter):

"As a being of Power, Intelligence, and Love, and the lord of his own thoughts, man holds the key to every situation, and contains within himself that transforming and regenerative agency by which he may make himself what he wills."

"[Man] is the maker of his character, the molder of his life, and the builder of his destiny, he may unerringly prove: if he will watch, control, and alter his thoughts, tracing their effects upon himself, upon others, and upon his life and circumstances; if he will link cause and effect by patient practice and investigation, utilizing his every experience, even to the most trivial, as a means of obtaining that knowledge of himself."


0 comments: