Saturday, August 7, 2010

Trust life – it knows best

Someone I have recently befriended decided to make a "guest appearance" on my blog. He is one of the most dedicated men I know. We usually hold very deep conversations- and often times, we agree with each other's opinion. So don't be surprised when you read below and see a similarity between our ideologies. You will soon see how intelligent he really is. Thank you Sergei for putting in the time to write for me. I hope to see more of your work in my inbox. hehe

Ps. Sergei is the same guy who suggested "As a man thinketh" to me.


Trust Life- It knows best

There is a great deal of emphasis placed on goals and fulfillment of individual desires in today’s society. People are constantly bombarded with the message, “If you want to be happy and achieve success, figure out what you want and set goals.” And to a large extent this message rings true. It is fundamentally important to know what one wants in life and take proactive steps to get it.


Unfortunately, turning those goals and desires into reality is not an easy task. With all the challenges that life presents in itself, the pressure of achievement and fulfillment only adds to the burden of life. Although this “extra” burden pays off in the long run, in the short run it becomes quite heavy to bear. I don’t care who you, where you are or what you do, you will encounter setbacks, disappointments and failure. It is an essential law of life that adds contrast to success, joy and fulfillment.


The way you approach this single law will determine not only the extent to which you achieve your desired outcomes but also the extent to which you get to experience the journey of life. See, life will not always give you what you want but it will always give you what you need. I, personally, have recently gone through a break up with a person in whom I put a lot of unjustified faith, belief and confidence. I blindly threw a large part of myself into this other person believing that they will fulfill my expectations. Fortunately, I was wrong. And I say fortunately because in the end, this experience alone has taught me much more than any book or person could. Life is the best teacher and your interpretation of it will define your aptitude as a student.


The point of the story is simple. I did not get what I wanted but I got more than I needed. And life will give you what you need even though you might not necessarily like it. It might not give you what you want at a particular moment but it will always give you the things you need to be in the best position you can be in the long term. Off course, this might seem like a generalization and partially it is but if you are able to engrain this mindset into your character, no matter what happens to you in life, this mindset alone will carry you a long way from a place of weakness to a place of great strength. Because at the end, if you are able to trust life and put your entire faith into it, you will realize that every circumstance, event and experience – no matter how painful, stressful or disappointing – serves a purpose of improving yourself and your life if only you accept and learn from it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very insightful.
Sergei should do more guest posts.

Anonymous said...

Lalallalalaaa wild child