Monday, August 30, 2010

discouraged



There are times, when we feel discouraged , damaged, drained, dejected... in simple terms... pure EMO!
Well, let me tell you about my emo weekend ! Every event that happened last week, accumulated and led me to become discouraged... I had become so pessimistic, I was so down... That I became immobilized. I had a fantastic day arranged with a loved one on Friday... but I had to cancel that... because I only wanted to sit at home... and drown in my own misfortune.
Often ... if Im sad or grumpy or cranky.. or whatever... I do one of two things: I either clean (excessively) or sleep (excessively).
The insomniac that I am... I decided to sleep... but couldn't... so I took a sleeping pill ! (two to be exact). I hallucinated for a while... and it took me three hours until i finally fell asleep (at 3am). I woke the next day at 3 pm ... I was so cranky... but I decided to make a change !! I decided that I could no longer let my emotions take over me. I had to change... not a tiny change... but a lifestyle change. So I decided to begin by changing my environment. I spent the entire Saturday and most of Sunday remodelling my entire room. Alone. (ps. My muscles are in a lot of pain.. moving a huge bed, a desk, a book case... all on my own...ouchies).

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going"
-Jim Ryun

I will update you about this change... I realize that I didn't specify why I was so down... maybe one day I will...

but for now, I want to leave you with a couple of encouraging quotes:

"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us."
- Alexander Graham Bell

“Change is the essence of life.Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become.”

- Ghandhi

3 comments:

LD said...

It was Shakespeare that said "to be or not to be - that is the question . Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arm against a sea of trouble and, by opposing, end them." While the common interpretation in the context of Hamlet is that he was debating whether or not to commit suicide, i think we can still draw parallels. Sooner or later we all fall victim to circumstance and misfortune. How we chose to respond is ultimately the driving force that allows us to adapt to the situation at hand. The most important thing is that you keep living life and don't let events paralyze you in your search for tranquility. Once you do that, happiness will come by itself without you having to search for it and your life will be better.
LD

mamashroom said...

that picture is me. including the belly button.

-mamashroom

In Search of Tranquility said...

I heart you mamashroom !!!!