Monday, November 1, 2010

Deep within

In a recent conversation I had with someone, I was asked "How are you feeling today?"
I didn't give it much thought, and I thought it was rather awkward as this question was asked after we were together for 3 hours. I replied, "I'm okay!, how are you?" Then I chuckled.
I assume he realized that I didn't completely comprehend his question, so he explained, "I mean, how are you feeling deep inside?"
Then it clicked. We often asked others, "hey, how are you?" and it has become a custom to say, "I'm fine, how are you?" But how often do we ask others (specially the ones close to us), how they are feeling deep within? How often do we ask ourselves how we really are... deep within?
Lets not ignore our inner feelings, lets not repress those inner emotions. Ask yourself everyday, "How am I really doing today?"
Happy November everyone !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make November sound so exciting.
I ask myself "how YOU doing?" every time I look into a mirror. Then I wink.

In Search of Tranquility said...

Dear Anonymous,
Somehow I have a hunch as to your identity. And if I'm right... then:
Granpas shouldn't love themselves so much ;)
but I guess if I were you, I'd do the same ! lol